RunAfrica

Bespoke Event Ticketing & Event Organisation

Frequently Asked Questions - General

FAQs - General

RunAfrica is FREE if your event is free for your attendees. For paid events, RunAfrica charges $1 USD flat fee per attendee on registration + 4.9% of total entry fee, which is paid by event attendees unless event organizers want to pay themselves.

RunAfrica support VISA, Master Card, AMEX, PayPal, M-PESA, Check & Cash.

Note:RunAfrica does not collect or store credit card information and payments are securely processed by a payment processing company of your choice.

No. Attendees can pay using any Credit Card supported by PayPal. Paypal supports Mastercard, VISA and American Express. Attendees can also pay using MPESA, Check or Cash.

When you use PayPal to collect payments, your payment is directly paid to you at the time of registration and the $1 fee ia automatically deducted at the time of payment. No invoices, no reminders, and no late fees.
For offline registrations (MPESA, check payments & onsite registrations using cash) we will send an invoice at the end of the month and you can easily pay us online.

Yes. RunKenya allows you to seamlessly offer online and offline payment options for your events. For check payments, you can confirm the registration once you receive the check from your attendee.

If you use your PayPal merchant account for online payments, please note that PayPal have their own payment fees that depend on your monthly transaction volume and account type. You can see a breakdown of the fees on their website.

Founded in 2012 as RunningKenya and only providing ticketing for Kenyan events,but we now provide ticketing services to sport event organizers in the continent. We operate with a single mission: Our single mission is to maximize ticket sales while providing the best technology for event managers in the region.

RunKenya is user friendly, and setting up an event is very simple. Just follow these three steps:
  1. 1) Sign up for your free account
  2. 2) Create your event and ticket information
  3. 3) Start selling tickets
When someone buys a ticket to your event, they will receive an email confirmation with a QR code and any information that is needed for easy check in. You can monitor ticket sales in real-time from your account, and generate attendee reports at any time.

For a more in-depth description about how Eventbee works, please visit 'How it Work' section of our website
RunKenya has great social sharing capabilities integrated throughout our site:

 

  • Social media sharing tools on event page
  • Facebook commenting integrated into event page and user profile
  • Facebook RSVP list that directly displays attendees and drives traffic to your event page
  • Network ticket selling: Tap your attendees to sell tickets for you
If you are using PayPal, money instantly goes to your account.

 

For RunKenya processed payments, 90% of proceeds are mailed out via check the first week of the month for all closed events in the prior month, and the remaining 10% is mailed out in 60 days. The minimum balance required in your account to process check is $100.
Don't forget follow us via:

Shompole Wildlife Marathon 6

Shompole Wildlife Marathon

Kilimanjaro Marathon Online Registration

Kilimanjaro Marathon

Ethiotrail Marathon 7

Watamu Sport Festival